2022 is going to be a year of smiles.
Posted on February 10, 2022
Get your smile ready for each one.
Now, we aren’t fortune tellers by any stretch of the imagination, but we do know a thing or two thousand about smiles and keeping them healthy. So, this year, we’re kicking off the New Year right by sharing our top tips for keeping your smile picture ready.
Tips to Have a Year of Smiles:
1. Find something to be grateful for each day.
2. Share a smile with a stranger.
3. Call a friend out of the blue just to say hello.
4. Spend at least 30 minutes a day doing something just for you.
5. Make plans with friends to have something to look forward to.
6. Read one fun book a year.
7. Try a new restaurant or activity.
8. Learn a new skill.
Tips for Those Going Through Invisalign Treatment:
1. Keep your Invisalign trays fresh and clean by placing your trays in a diluted clear mouthwash bath for 3 to 5 minutes, 3 to 4 times a week.
2. Get a tray removal tool so you don’t have to put your fingers in your mouth every time you want to remove your trays. One such tool is called The Outie, which can help you get your trays out without putting your fingers in your mouth or messing up your nails.
3. If your trays feel sharp around the edges, and it’s scaping your gums, tongue, or cheeks, get a fine-grit nail buffer to smooth the edges without breaking them.
4. Before you put your trays back in your mouth after eating, make sure you brush and floss your teeth. If you leave food particles in your teeth, the food particles can distort the shape of your trays, causing your teeth to not align properly.
5. Avoid drinking too many drinks with color. If you drink a lot of coffee, tea, or soda while your aligners are in, you run the risk of your aligners turning yellow.
Tips to Keep Your Braces Clean:
1. Brush one tooth at a time for about 10 seconds each.
2. Make your braces shine from every angle by brushing at different angles. When you brush the tops of your teeth angle the brush down. When you brush the bottoms of your teeth angel the brush upwards.
3. Be sure to brush the backside of your teeth too, the side your tongue touches.
4. Try to brush your teeth after every meal. Bits of food caught between your braces can cause decay in no time. If you can’t brush, rinse your mouth out with water as best as you can. Pro Tip: Carry a special container in your bag of toothpaste, a travel toothbrush, and floss. This will make sure you always have a way to keep your smile and your braces in tip-top shape.
5. Remember to remove your elastic bands or headgear before you brush or floss. Otherwise, your teeth won’t get as clean as they should, or you could break your headgear or elastics.
6. Fluoride is like vitamins for your teeth. Take extra care of your smile by brushing with fluoride toothpaste and fluoride mouthwash.
7. The right toothbrush can make all the difference. Choose a toothbrush that has cone-shaped bristles. These special bristles are great for reaching spots around your braces that standard brushes can’t.
8. Floss like a boss. If regular floss isn’t getting all the food and plaque out of your teeth, get a floss threader. Another idea is to get a water pick.
9. Keep your regularly scheduled dentist appointments! It’s still super important to see your regular dentist when you’re in treatment. So, don’t miss those appointments!
Tips to Keep Your Retainers Safe:
1. Always keep retainers in their case when you are not wearing them.
2. Keep in a safe place away from all pets, they love to chew on them.
3. Do not wrap retainers in a napkin while eating, they are easily thrown away.
4. Do not clean them with toothpaste.
5. Do not keep in vehicles, heat can destroy the fit.
Looking to improve your orthodontic health and smile in 2022?